Dear Emerald families,
Welcome to Emerald Elementary School. We are so glad you are here. While the school year is starting a little differently than we hoped we will get through this together and continue to move forward in ways that are safe for everyone.
I look forward to connecting and partnering with you this year. Please fill out the following form if you would like me to check in with your student - Counselor Request Form 20-21. You can also check out the Emerald Counselor website. If I can be of support and/or you require resources please do not hesitate to contact me through email email@example.com. I am grateful to be part of the Emerald family with you and hope to connect with you soon.
If you are experiencing a mental health or life threatening emergency please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Resources for mental health support and crisis:
- Colorado Crisis Services: https://coloradocrisisservices.org/
- Crisis line: 1-844-493-8255 and Text “TALK” to 38255. The crisis support line and walk-in centers are confidential and are available 24/7/365
- Mental Health Partners Boulder and Broomfield Counties: https://www.mhpcolorado.org/
Resources for families SEL:
- Home Learning Activity Menu for SEL (from BVSD)
- Broomfield Health & Human Services Covid 19 Resources
- Boulder County Public Health Information Page
- New Covid 19 Resources For Parents
- New Covid 19 General Resources combined
- BVSD Webpage on COVID-19: COVID-19 Health and Wellness Resources Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Mental Health Supports/Resources
- NASP: A comprehensive list of resources specific to support staff, students and families: Health Crisis Resources
- Action for Health Kids Resources: Healthy activities to do at home and Resources for schools and families during COVID-19
Please be safe and stay well. We will get through this together.
Through the Multi-Tiered System of Supports, we provide more targeted and intensive help for students who need it -- both academically and social/emotionally.
We strive to support all students with universal programming.
When a student is struggling, our teachers, school counselors and psychologists give more targeted help.
If targeted support does not work or a student is in crisis our educators employ more intensive interventions.
A comprehensive elementary school counselor provides education, prevention and intervention services in the areas of academic, career and social/emotional development supports. It is important to note that elementary counselors are not therapists; rather they are professional educators with a mental health perspective. They typically spend the majority of their time working on universal instruction and working with all students. The elementary counselors will work in collaboration with administration, teachers, the mental health team and parents to determine the needs of all students within each building.